The 365 Activation Error 0X80073EFD refers to an activation error, generally appears in Microsoft Office 365 and Office 2016 and still carried over its pr predecessors which signifies that Office cannot be activated.
Office 365 is a very good and useful tool which comes pre-installed with the Windows 10 operating system, but if you want to use it, then you need to purchase it from your retail store or direct from the Microsoft website by following few simple steps.
However, there are various reason why this error would occur; like if your date and time is incorrect on your system this it shows an error message, because of the security reasons the servers will automatically reject all requests which are coming from your system to give honour and accept the request of activation.Sometimes, it can show an error message if your firewall or anti-virus has raised a fake flag to reject outbound connections to the Microsoft’s activation server. At times, it shows error when your system cannot establish a connection.
Here are a few simple steps which guide in fixing the Office 365 Activation Error Code 0x80072EFD.
Steps to Fix Office 365 Activation Error Code 0x80072EFD
There are a few methods which will help you in fixing the issue. But create a restore point to protect all your personal data if in case something goes wrong. Below we describe methods:
- Check to Update Windows Date and Time.
- Disable Proxy.
Method-1: Check to Update Windows Date and Time
- Click the Windows + I keyssimultaneously.
- Then, choose “Time and Language”option.
- Click on the “Turn off” button to “SetTime Automatically” option.
- Then, configure your exact and correct time, date, and also time zone.
- After that, restart your computer.
If this method doesn’t help in fixing the Office 365 Activation error, then try the next step.
Method-2: Disable Proxy
- Press the Windows + I keys on your keyboard.
- Then, click on the “Network &Internet” option.
- Select “Proxy” option located on the left side of the menu.
- Ensure to turn off the Proxy, under the “Proxy Server” option.
- After that, once check that you can fix Office 365 activation error. We even couldn’t contact the server, but if the error persists then continue with the steps.
- Click the Windows + X keys together.
- Then, choose “Command Prompt” as an Admin.
- Now, type command “netsh winhttpreset proxy” and hit the Enter key.
After completing the process, reboot your computer to save the changes.
Howdy, I’m Nick. I’m a software engineer living in Manhattan, New York. I am a fan of technology, photography, and design. I’m also interested in music and blogging. You can visit my website office.com/setup.